Bipolar Girl Blog

A Bipolar Girl Living with a Narcissistic Husband

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

F' the Police

People love to ask me how to get out of speeding tickets. For whatever reason they think there is a code word or secret handshake used amongst of wives and officers which prevent us from getting tickets. I have been let off many times. I have also been treated like complete garbage because some deputy or trooper wants to make it clear that I will be getting no special treatment. I never make it a point to tell them I am a cop's wife. There is an FOP plaque on the back of my car. If they ask, they ask. If they don't, I don't bring it up.

Yesterday I was pulled over for speeding. The kind officer asked where my husband worked. This aggravates me because they never ask if I'm the cop. How do they know I'm not the cop?? Why do they always assume it is my husband or my father? I told him where he worked but for some reason it did not register with him and he proceeded to tell me that I can't have an FOP plaque on my car. I told him I have it because my husband IS a cop. For whatever reason I think he was itching to write me for displaying a law enforcement symbol. Then he told me just because he is one doesn't mean he's allowed to speed. I am unclear as to why he said that seeing that I was the party driving the car. I should have told him that my husband was a horrible speeder and he should go ahead and make the ticket out to him because maybe he would finally learn his lesson. Anyhow, I gave him my license. I recently had a birthday and forgot to renew it- I can't really say I forgot because for some reason I was certain it wasn't due until next year. He let me go on the speeding but wrote me for no ops which is an M1 in Ohio. What a nice little bastard. I got my license renewed a few hours later, but now I have to go to court.

So if you are looking to get out of a ticket, remember some of them are nice and some of them just aren't. If you are looking for me, you can find me on Morpheus. I'll be downloading my new going to the grocery store theme song .... F' the Police

3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

One time, I think a cop let my first husband off the hook because he felt sorry for him. Why? Well, I am sure the cop could hear me screaming at my husband for speeding when the cop got out of his car. Poor guy, I think even he was afraid of me.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Venice. said...

Hey! Venice here from Manila, Philippines. Got your link from Bipolar Planet. Here in my country, its easy to get out of tickets. Even if there are max and min speed limits in the express way and if you're over speeding you wont get pulled over although there are few places where the cops are and they pull over drivers for some violations but this rarely happens. I hope you're feeling better now. Cheers!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger CP said...

I used to think, because my daddy was a cop, I could get away with murder as a teen. I got caught DUI when I was 17. I said, "Yeah? Well, my dad is a police captain. You're so screwed!"

They called my father.

He told them to take me to jail for the weekend so I would learn my lesson.

Boy, did I ever.

CP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google