Bipolar Girl Blog

A Bipolar Girl Living with a Narcissistic Husband

Friday, January 05, 2007

Xtreme Psychological Makeover is going to Sh!t

I think I am tanking on my Xtreme Psychological Makeover. I cried and cried and cried last night and spent most of my evening drinking wine. Tonight I plan on washing down a few cream horns with some merlot. Funny how it goes from good to bad in a New York minute.

I don't want to go to the therapist. In large I don't want to go because I put my app in for nursing school and it asked if I had been diagnosed bipolar. Of course I had to answer yes. I spoke with someone from the school and she said it would not prevent me from being admitted but they would speak with my therapist and my shrink to make sure I take my meds and I haven't been hopsitalized and all that good stuff. I don't think it is prudent to tell the therapist everything sucks and the only thing that makes it better is cabernet sauvignon. I am sure he will make note of that. Love to mix those meds with a little drinkie drink- can I help you with that iv?

I love that movie Office Space, because I love this quote...

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's the worst day of my life. "

I don't sit in a cubicle but I do feel like that.

4 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, girl, go to your therapist! However, sadly, I agree with you about not saying anything about the alcohol for now. BUT, if you are not going to say anything, then you should start working on the problem on your own, right now! Sorry for the assvice, but I think you need to hear it from someone who really does know how hard it all is. I worked in the legal department of a major university and you are right, they won't look fondly upon a bipolar candidate who drinks. It's all about compliance. Sorry again for the tough love, but I think you hear me when I say that the extended drinking has to stop. Any interest in working together on this issue? I'd be happy to embark on the limited wine journey with you. I need to take my own advice for once. Might make me more credible as an assvice giver.
Also, I am in love with that move Officespace too. So many good lines.

 
At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea of cream horns, merlot, and meds, but not the idea of the morning after cream horns, merlot and meds.
As a disabled person (bipolar) your school has to provide you with special accommodation if needed. You could be better off than you think you might be, but you can't do it with the aroma of any fine wine. Good for you for moving your ass and going to school! Yeah, I'd leave out the booze info with the therapists because they get all crazy and harp on the booze when it's just a symptom.

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can they ask you that on an application? When I went to grad school for occupational therapy, they didn't ask me anything of the sort. Perhaps they asked me if there was any illness that would impair my ability as an occupational therapist. But really, it doesn't. If I'm well enough to make it in to work, I function. And if I'm not well enough to make it in to work, well, I'm not putting anyone in danger.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger BiPolarGirl said...

Emilija,
On the app it asked it I had been hospitalized for mental illness, diagnosed for bipolar disorder or treated within the last 5 years or diagnosed for schizophrenia...I think it's shitty that they ask.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google