Bipolar Girl Blog

A Bipolar Girl Living with a Narcissistic Husband

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The New UTI Blog

*****If you're a man, turn away. This post is not for you.*****

I have been dealing with UTI issues forever now. Well, not forever-since 2005. Prior to that year I never had them and since that year I can't seem to get rid of them. When they first started they began as mildly uncomfortable and progressed if they went ignored. The point being is that I had plenty of warning to do something about them before the situation became severe. But now they come on out of nowhere accompanied with horrible pain. I use to find fairly quick relief in cranberry juice but now its effect is far less. For the past week I have been taking cranberry juice, garlic, vitamin c and echinacea-golden seal like it is going out of style. While the symptoms have lessened it is definitely still there. I suppose I should go to the doctor but I get tired of taking their crappy pills that cost 20 bucks and never really solve any of my problems. In the meantime I have been searching the Internet looking for other UTI cures. I have seen drinking a mixture of baking soda and water on several boards. Isn't baking soda alkaline? I thought the purpose of drinking cranberry juice was that it increased the acidic nature of urine and destroyed the bacteria causing the infection. Is someone throwing a monkey wrench in my UTI belief system?

In addition to this female problem I have yet another dilemma. I keep getting cysts on my ovaries. I don't know why God is trying to turn me asexual. What did I do to deserve all this? The husband, the cysts, the husband, the UTI...the husband. When does it end.

All this suffering in my lower 48 has left me to think about my eating habits. I have been trying to eat healthier this week. I have been eating alot of veggies, South Beach Diet frozen dinners and a tasty little treat called detox soup. My efforts have produced a UTI infected gas bag of a body. If anything, the gas has to go away. Right? Right? My mother has been a vegetarian since she was 5 years old and she isn't stinking up the house every 5 minutes.

Adding to my cornucopia of herbal delights, I began taking gotu kola and ashwagandha. They are supposed to relieve stress and anxiety and improve mental clarity. Shhh...ashwaganda also supposed to make me like sex again. But at the rate I am farting that will never happen :)

On a positive note I have not drank a cup of coffee in the last three days. What's so amazing about that? Well I typically drink 2-3 pots a day. I know you are probably thinking, 'Hey, maybe your not bipolar. Maybe you drink to much damn coffee.' I drink that much and I am still tired, and if I don't drink that much I usually get a migraine and eventually throw-up. So it defies reason how i have gone 3 whole days without so much as a minor pain in my temple. But I will take it and run with it.

Well that's my "New UTI Blog." I will continue to keep you posted on the health and well being of my crotch. Any suggestions, any remedies, please feel free to advise:)

3 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I have blogged about this a few times. Turns out that if you really don't have a UTI, all the things you do to alleviate a UTI can make it much much worse. Do you see any improvement after not drinking coffee? Drinking 2L of water a day helps me. Cranberry can make it really bad if it's not actually a UTI. You could have interstitial cystitis. Just a thought. I know how painful it can all be, and I wish you the best of luck in finding a cure.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey BP Girl

Where are you?

Scott

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Butterfly said...

I once made a remedy by combining grapeseed extract powder with yogurt.

Messy and nutty.

Drink the cranberry, try apple cidar vinegar or the pills and see a doc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google