Bipolar Girl Blog

A Bipolar Girl Living with a Narcissistic Husband

Friday, October 27, 2006

Is Debra LeFave Bipolar? If so, what does that have to do with being a pedophile?

I am sure you are familiar with the publicity concerning Debra Lefave. Incase you have been living under a rock; she’s the Tampa teacher who pled guilty to having sex with a 14 year old student in 2004. Mrs. Lefave blames her behavior on Bipolar Disorder. Interestingly enough, another teacher convicted of the same crime, Mary Kay Letourneau had a very similar excuse for her behavior. I don’t know how other people feel about this, but personally it sickens me.

Bipolar Disorder may be the root cause of some of the stupid and thoughtless things I have done in my life, but never has it caused me to be attracted to prepubescent boys. If there is a study which links deviant behavior such pedophilia to bipolar disorder, please feel free to forward it to me. I can agree a manic state may cause someone to have irresponsible, possibly adulterous sex, but it doesn’t make teenagers objects of wanton desires.

Women like this do a disservice to those who live and deal with this disease daily. I have enough to contend with, without people thinking bipolar disorder equates to sexual predator!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14801562/

http://bipolar.about.com/cs/crime/a/0001_marykay.htm

1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Butterfly said...

BPG, I say Bullsh*t.

I too have never desired a 13 year old boy.

Those women make it tough for people like us to come out with out a stigma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google