Bipolar Girl Blog

A Bipolar Girl Living with a Narcissistic Husband

Thursday, November 16, 2006

What to write about

Sometimes I have so many things going on in my head, I simply do not know what to write about. I know this sounds dumb but I am still mad at Oprah. If anyone watched her David Crespi interview, I think it is fair to say she lacked understanding and was ...well dare I say harsh? I think anyone who doesn't have first hand experience with depression would walk away from that episode with a very sour taste in their mouth and little sympathy for anyone dealing with mental illness. But I suppose I need to move on with my life. I am sure Oprah doesn't care. She's on to 75 million dollar houses.

I could write about how I keep checking my e-mail to see if I have gotten anything else from the man I love to hate. I had written quite a few posts before about a gentleman I refer to as Laney. Sometimes people are like a horrible poison in your system and it is so hard to rid yourself of their ill effects. I really shouldn't care if he writes or doesn't write but there I go every few hours checking. You know the holidays are coming up. You would think he would try once more... You would think if he did miss me he would try a little harder. But he's married and I'm married and I already know he's a jerk, but I keep checking my mail every few hours. When I think about it I know what I am really looking for. It's a reason to feel good. It's just like anything else I might do to feel good when I have felt bad for such a long time.

The closest I can come to describing that wonderful high sensation is to say it is like being in love. The teenager love at first sight, head over heels kind of love. I remember a crush I had when I was thirteen years old. I met a boy (whose name I don't even remember) at the beach. On that day and at that time he was the most handsome, funniest, nicest guy a thirteen year old girl could meet. My stomach was full of butterflies, my pulse raced and I could not contain the silly smile on my face. I had no need for food or sleep for several weeks, because my enthuasism carried me on clouds.

The best parts about Laney represent a better time in my life. Out of that relationship came an upside and that coupled with lust was like the purest, rawest energy I have ever felt. Now here I sit not making near the progress I had hoped. I am so tired. Honestly physically tired. I have napped the last three afternoons. If I did not have other commitments I would spend a month in bed. I just keep hoping the feeling comes back. And as illogical as it is, I imagine if I set the stage somehow I can recreate it.

I suppose I should get going. I need to check my e-mail one last time before I go to bed...

4 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey BP Girl

I just found your site. Thanks for the posts I have bookmarked you.

I posted a comment on your "Where is God?" post. If you have time hope you get a chance to read it.

Regards and KTF

Scott

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've felt that way before when I was married. EXACTLY. I ended up leaving my husband AND losing the guy. I didn't go back to my husband because I realized something was missing, or I never would have had those feelings for this guy to begin with. I don't know if that is the case with you, but it was for me...

However, I could have been manic at the time. Either way, I'm glad I left.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger BiPolarGirl said...

Kansas Sunflower,

I know I need to leave. A large part of what I am doing right now has a great deal to do with empowering myself. I have made so many excuses for my husband for so long...he is the most negative unhappy person I have ever met. He did not start out that way. He was in fact very charming but that did not last. I was slow to catch on but I really thought I could fix his problems and once I did he would be that charming guy I initially met. 13 years later I have finally become wise. So from here on out all of my efforts are directed at getting myself together.

Nevertheless, the rush is a delicious drug. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi BP girl,

I just came upon your site. I really felt compelled to write to you because we share so many similarities its scary. I was recenty diagnosed with Bipolar II also. I wanted to address this post especially because I too am married with three kids, and have an internet man I love to hate, or hate to love...either way, I also check my email countless times a day. I just wanted to let you know I am right there with you and I completely understand that living like this is pure hell. I recently started a blog...its really nothing special, but if you want to check it out here's the address:

http://bipolarshell.blogspot.com/

Who knows, maybe we can vent all our BS to each other. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, even though sometimes it seems that we may not have much to be Thankful for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google